This course is designed as an introduction to the basics of music production, including songwriting, music theory, and the use of digital audio workstations (DAWs). Through a combination of lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on assignments, students will develop the skills necessary to create their own music using basic equipment.
By the end of the course, students will have a basic understanding of music theory and songwriting, as well as the skills necessary to use a DAW to create, edit, and mix their own music.
You will have one-on-one experience with an actual music producer to guide you from start to production.
- Understand the basic principles of music theory
- Understand the process of songwriting
- Learn how to use a DAW to create, edit, and mix music
- Learn how to work with virtual instruments and MIDI
- Develop basic skills in sound recording and editing
- Develop basic skills in mixing and mastering music
Module 1: Introduction to Music Production
Module 2: Music Theory Basics
Module 3: Songwriting
Module 4: Recording Audio
Module 5: Virtual Instruments and MIDI
Module 6: Mixing Techniques
Module 7: Mastering
Module 8: Final Projects
- Recommended Age: 13+
- Personal laptop required
$649 Course Fee (10 classes, 2 hours each).
Classes will be taught by our in-house music producer. The course is in-person, but can also be offered virtually.