We are always looking for talent to work at Heritage Music Academy (HMA). Why join us?
- Being part of the HMA teaching family
- Access to teaching resources
- Amazing discounts to music materials (books, instruments and much more) – generally 20% or more
- Enrichment opportunities for both you and your private students
- Team-building events for the faculty
These are the positions that are always open:
- Internship: you will be helping with our administrative lead and assist with the upkeep of the school. At HMA, you will gain valuable experience on how to interact with customers, students, assist teachers, and keeping the school in top shape. You will also be assisting in our social media efforts and making connections with people on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn. Please note that internship (paid or unpaid) does not quality for Ministry of Education’s Community Involvement Activities and therefore cannot be accrediated towards those hours (reference: Ontarion Ministry of Education Policy/Program Memorandum 124A).
- Group music teacher: as a group music teacher, you know how to get kids from 4-6 years old engaged with activities you introduce in class. You will also be comfortable in planning for a lesson, finding games and activities to integrate to the curriculum. You must possess music improvisation skills (or at least the ability to pick up an instrument and play songs effortlessly), have experience with kids, and comfortable with teaching piano at a grade 3-5 RCM level.
- Private music teacher: as a teacher, you find teaching students invigorating and finding solutions to helping your students to be exciting! We are looking for teachers who have accomplished RCM Grade 10 level or equivalent in their primary instrument (eg. BA Mus, BMus, ABRSM Gr 8), and/or years of experience preparing students for RCM exams. Instruments we are looking for teachers include piano, violin, guitar, vocal, woodwinds and brass, and can specialize in any style.
- Special needs music teacher: we highly encourage applicants who have training in assisting special needs students, and are comfortable in teaching piano, voice, Suzuki violin, or Orff/Kodaly to apply with us.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada, and that successful applicant must provide a current background check before engaging with our students.