Ever wonder how music gets created? Through this program you will understand the basics of music creation, structures, rhythms and instrumentation. Students are encouraged to bring their musical ideas to life. Students will analyze and write songs, set them to video, and share their creations with other students.
This 8-week program consists of:
- Learning how to use GarageBand* on your device
- Understand the basics of music composition: melody, rhythm, structure, instrumentation
- Analyze music compositions
- Create your own music compositions and set it to video
Contact us today to sign up for this exciting course!
- Duration: 8 Tuesday evenings from 6:30pm to 8:00pm on these dates - July 5, 12, 19, 26, August 9, 16, 23, 30
- Cost: $200 per student
- Structure: 1 hour class and 30 minute in-class lab
- Age: 8 years and above
Students are expected to understand basic/rudimentary music theory: major / minor modes, key signatures, meter
Student should also be able to tinker on a music keyboard and play single note melodies
Student must bring their own iPad or MacBook with GarageBand. If student has other devices that has a digital music composition program, please clear it with the instructor before signing up. Student should also ensure their device has a USB port to connect to the school's digital pianos.