We are always looking for talent to work at Heritage Music Academy. Being part of the HMAI family means:
- Being part of the teaching family
- Access to teaching resources
- Amazing discounts to music materials (books, instruments and much more) - generally 20% or more
- Enrichment opportunities for both you and your private students
- Quarterly team building events for the faculty
These are the positions that are always open:
- Internship: you will be helping with our administrative lead and assist with the up-keep of the school. At HMAI, you will gain valuable experience on how to interact with customers, students, assist teachers, and keeping the school in top shape. You will be also be the assisting in our social media efforts and making connections with people on Twitter, Facebook, Instrgram, LinkedIn and Google+.
- Group music teacher: as a group music teacher, you know how to get kids from 4-6 years old engaged with activities you introduce in class. You will also be comfortable in planning for a lesson, finding games and activities to integrate to the cirriculum. You must possess music improvisation skills (or at least the ability to pick up an instrument and play songs effortlessly), have experience with kids, and comfortable with teaching piano at a grade 3-5 RCM level.
- Private music teacher: as a teacher, you find teaching students invigorating and finding solutions to helping your students to be exciting! We are looking for teachers who have accomplished RCM Grade 10 level or equivalent in their primary instrument (eg. BA Mus, BMus, ABRSM Gr 8), and/or years of experience preparing students for RCM exams. Instruments we are looking for teachers include piano, violin, guitar, vocal, woodwinds and brass, and can specialize in any style.
- Special needs music teacher: we encourage applicants who have training in assisting special needs students, and comfortable in teaching piano, vocal or suzuki violin to apply with us.
Applicants must be eligable to work in Canada, and that successful applicants must provide a current background check before engaging with our students.
- Title of message: [Last Name], [First Name] - [Role] - [Instruments]
- Body of message: A short description of yourself and your qualifications (please limit to 300 characters or less), and your availability during the week
- Attachment: Resume in PDF or Microsoft Word format (uncompressed only). Cover letter is optional but always welcome.
We thank all applicants for submitting their resumes but only successful applicants will be contacted.